Transfer ownership of StoryMaps layers from one individual account to another?

Jump to solution
12-12-2017 01:55 PM
BethScudder
New Contributor

Help! While working at a small but virtuous nonprofit, I used an individual account, tied to my facebook login, to create a map for my organization. They loved it and used it far more than I expected they would. When I left, I did what I could to transfer the map over to an account that was tied to an email account at the nonprofit. Unfortunately, apparently all I was able to do was make the StoryMap available to the nonprofit account. I'm still listed as the owner and creator, and the layers are all locked to me.

I'd like to transfer everything I've made to them, so that they can continue to use it. Is this possible?

Both accounts are free individual accounts - the nonprofit, like most, has no budget for StoryMaps.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Beth, 

You'll be able to use the ArcGIS Online Assistant to copy content between accounts, I've tested and it works between free individual accounts - you'll need a username and password for the nonprofit's account.

The tool will copy the content but you'll need to reconfigure the Map Journal to look at the maps sitting in the nonprofit's account and not yours, but the bulk of the work is done with the copy!

Have they looked at what Esri offer for nonprofit organisations? Take your mission to the next level with Esri's program for nonprofit organizations

Hope that helps!

Carmel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Beth, 

You'll be able to use the ArcGIS Online Assistant to copy content between accounts, I've tested and it works between free individual accounts - you'll need a username and password for the nonprofit's account.

The tool will copy the content but you'll need to reconfigure the Map Journal to look at the maps sitting in the nonprofit's account and not yours, but the bulk of the work is done with the copy!

Have they looked at what Esri offer for nonprofit organisations? Take your mission to the next level with Esri's program for nonprofit organizations

Hope that helps!

Carmel

BethScudder
New Contributor

Thank you - that was very helpful. I've advised the nonprofit about your program, which sounds great!

--Beth