Timeslider Help: Time settings not available

05-10-2021 11:50 AM
waterbird_intern_2
New Contributor II

Hello! I am new to ArcGIS online and I am trying to create a timeslider for my organizations  map to show how different bird colonies are growing over time. However, for some reason the option to enable time does not come up for my feature layer and map, so I am unable to create a timeslider. My data does have dates/temporal data and it is registering it as a date, but it is still not allowing me to view time settings. Is there a way to fix this? I created my feature layer by adding a csv file from my computer to the map. Here is an example of my data and what I am seeing.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you check if you have followed the steps stated in Configure Time Settings - ArcGIS Online ?

Think Location
0 Kudos
waterbird_intern_2
New Contributor II

Yes, I have followed those steps. I am unable to see a time settings option on the overview section of my layer despite it recognizing my data as dates.  

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are there multiple layers published under the hosted feature layer? You will need to further choose the particular layer (having Time awareness) under Layers section.

Just ensuring you didn't miss out this point.

On the Overview tab, scroll to the Layers section and click the name of the layer to open its details page. If the layer contains temporal data, you'll see a Time Settings option on the layer's Overview tab.

Think Location
0 Kudos
waterbird_intern_2
New Contributor II

I have one layer and I have clicked on the layers details page. I am still unable to see an option for time settings. Attached is what I see from the layers detail page.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Instead of adding the CSV directly to the map, add it under My Content tab. You should be able to create a hosted feature layer in this process.

I have added a CSV to My Content, thus publishing it in the process.

JayantaPoddar_0-1620688055983.png

JayantaPoddar_1-1620688167158.png

Please share a sample CSV with us in case the issue still persists?

Think Location
0 Kudos
waterbird_intern_2
New Contributor II

Yes, I've tried to add the csv file through my content but then it just gets added as the file and not a layer. Here is an example of the csv file I'm using. 

0 Kudos