the value type is incompatible with the field name

Jump to solution
08-25-2020 04:22 AM
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

So I have this 900+ polylines in a hosted feature layer and I'm editing/updating from arcgis pro(2.6.0)

The layer has a subtype and seven or eight coded value domains.

When attempting to split a line (an action which I have done numerous times before) I get:

The [CreationDate_1] isn't the subtype column and has no domain, also it is nullable. the field type is 'date' as expected.

As I said, this has been working before so I suspect some sort of corruption.

I created a local copy ('feature class to feature class' conversion tool) and when I edit a line in that layer I can't see the attributes in the attribute pane (but they are present and editable in the attribute table). So I'm not very eager to overwrite the weblayer to 'test'.

Next I will try to export the hosted feature layer to a shapefile and open that, perhaps using arcmap. Not very happy missing this deadline.

And when creating a new line:

seems like another attribute though? CreationDate in stead of CreationDate_1 ??

Does anyone recognise this? Any idea's on how to solve it? Support case has been filed.

Thanks for your time, regards, Bert

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BertKraan1

Advised by support I deleted both [CreationDate] and [CreationDate_1] as well as [EditDate]. (all my 'date' values in the attribute table).

This got rid of the errormessages but after a line split I had one empty object and the original object.

So, I restored from backup and re-did my edit work.

bottom line: always have a backup.

regards,

Bert

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BertKraan1

Advised by support I deleted both [CreationDate] and [CreationDate_1] as well as [EditDate]. (all my 'date' values in the attribute table).

This got rid of the errormessages but after a line split I had one empty object and the original object.

So, I restored from backup and re-did my edit work.

bottom line: always have a backup.

regards,

Bert