Symbols in .stylex file not maintained when publishing to ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
03-23-2020 08:46 AM
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I created a .stylex file in ArcGIS Pro for my organization to use when creating a standardized set of maps for our ecologists. For the point layer, I just wanted a simple green dot, size 8. However, when you publish the layer it appears as size 14.67 in the ArcGIS Online web map. 

Is there a reason for this discrepancy? Why are they not the same, as I would think that should allow for managing style files much easier...

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Katherine,

The pt size option in ArcGIS Pro is different from the px symbol size in ArcGIS Online. This may be designed to account for the differences between ArcGIS Pro and web environments. 

I recognize that this is not the best explanation you were hoping for. If I do come across more information, I will post an update here.

Thanks,

Jonah

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Katherine,

The pt size option in ArcGIS Pro is different from the px symbol size in ArcGIS Online. This may be designed to account for the differences between ArcGIS Pro and web environments. 

I recognize that this is not the best explanation you were hoping for. If I do come across more information, I will post an update here.

Thanks,

Jonah

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply, Jonah!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos