Select to view content in your preferred language

Symbology Preview Missing from Layers List in New Map Viewer

01-08-2024 08:01 AM
Labels (1)
RobinHolland
New Contributor III

How do I get the new Map Viewer to show a preview of the symbology in my Webmap's Layers list? The old Map Viewer Classic had the option to show the legend symbol in the Content list. In the new Map Viewer the only way I can see the symbology is in the Legend list or if the Properties pane is open. This is very frustrating when I am working in Layers and need an easy way to view the symbology that doesn't reduce the size of the screen available for the map view (which is what happens if I have to leave the Properties pane open just to see the symbology). I attached a screenshot of both the new Map Viewer and the Map Viewer Classic to help explain what I am trying to accomplish. 

Tags (2)
1 Reply
JessicaMcCann
Esri Contributor

Hi Robin, 

Using the New Map Viewer, it seems from your description that you are first selecting the layer within the left pane menu and accessing your symbols as if you would be customizing the symbology appearance to the right of the Map View screen where you can also enable the legend.

Instead, in order to have more of a legend feel as your working in the Map View, few icons below Layers within the left pane is a Legend item where you may see more the behavior you are looking for.

0 Kudos