Survey123 Will Not Publish Due to Survey Element

10-10-2019 12:07 PM
KrisKronlein
New Contributor

Trying to Publish a Survey and I continually get the following error message. Published the same Survey 2 months ago with no issues. I am not overriding the old Survey, this is a brand new survey. The error message says I have a ‘generated _note_surveyDescription_2’ with no label or hint. Made changes and corrections in the Schema and continually get the same error.

Any help would be appreciated ~

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Survey123 for ArcGIS

Kris Kronlein‌ can you attach your XLS form to this GeoNet thread? I would be happy to take a quick look at it. Also cross-posting to Survey123 forum. 

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
KrisKronlein
New Contributor

Hello Peter,

I did not use Survey123 Connect to create the form, I used Survey123 website (Survey123 for ArcGIS).

I was first encountering several 'parsing' errors and it looks like there is now a maximum number of characters that can be used for each line item for the Dropdown widget, as when I shortened the names, each error went away. I can't seem to figure out this last error to get it published. I've also updated and changed some of the schema, thinking the 'generated_note_surveyDescription_2' was from that, but there is nothing in the schema with that name.

Parsing Errors:

Parsing Errors

Unknown Error:

Unknown Error

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kris,

Thanks for including the screen shots. Generally "note" type questions are not written to the Feature Service, so it makes sense that this element is not found in the schema. The survey form must be holding onto it somewhere. Have you cleared your browser cache and tried this an incognito window? Unless someone in the Survey123 for ArcGIS Community here has seen this error before, I would recommend either recreating the survey from scratch to see if the error is avoided the second time around or creating a case with Esri Support - they will be able to screen share with you and take a more in-depth look at the survey. 

-Peter

0 Kudos
AEMATrainingFieldOps
New Contributor

Were any solutions found to fix this problem? I've run into the same error, even after clearing my cache, cookies, and browsing data, signing in and out, and creating a brand new survey from scratch.

The error message says that there's no label/hint for the question, but there is. And if I remove the specific "survey element" that is identified in the error message, it changes to another one that it has a problem with. Why is it telling me that there is no label/hint when there clearly is? 

Attached screenshots of the first error message and then the same error message for a different "survey element" after removing the supposed problem one.

0 Kudos
DanielJones2_GHD
New Contributor

Using Survey 123 Connect: had similar issue with "generated_note" blah blah blah, won't update survey - even though the element I thought it was pointing to was deleted. I closed Survey 123 Connect, I saved the excel sheet, then reopened Connect and told it to update, et voila - the ghost element had been vanquished and the survey updated!

0 Kudos