I've recently run into an issue where my subtypes in a related table are not working in Web App Builder. They work fine in Collector, but when trying to create records in Web App Builder they only half work.
The subtype field itself seems to work (there is a drop down for it), but when you choose one the related fields that should change domains just populate to 'null' and don't produce any dropdowns.
I know for subtypes on feature layers, you have to symbolize based on the subtype field for it to work. But a table doesn't have symbology. I've tried to set editing templates, but again, tables don't have editing templates.
Is this just a limitation of Web App Builder? Or is there something I am missing?
Update January 2021: I am still trying to find an answer to this question. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Heather - We are noticing an issue with our feature service not working in Web App Builder - Enterprise 10.8.1. It was working up until 2 weeks ago. We had a similar issue when we switched from ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 to 2.6.1. It was a 2.6.1 bug. The patch 2.6.2 fixed our issue. However we updated one subtype 2 weeks ago and now the subtypes fail to work in the feature service after overwriting it. Still on 2.6.2 and 10.8.1. It will work properly in the feature class itself in Pro.
Did you find your answer?
Unfortunately, I have not found an answer. I usually publish from ArcMap 10.7.1 to our server, but if you are saying you had luck publishing from Pro (at least at one point), I might have to look into that. My Pro is up to date at 2.7.2 so maybe whatever bug you are seeing at 2.6.2 has been fixed.
And I see the same thing where it works properly in other places. Not only in Desktop but it works fine in Collector as well. It's just Web App Builder that is throwing a wrench in the gears.
Thanks Heather. We believe it is something in our subtypes got corrupted. Did you notice your issue after you changed subtypes or added new ones? Just curious to see if that is something you saw as well.
We added completely new subtypes to a table that previously didn't have them.
Heather - I found this thread - this might solve our problem since we arent dealing with related tables but lines based on the subtype field for symbology. Going to try it out and see if it works for us.
Sadly this didnt fix my issue. Submitted a support case with Esri.
Heather - We have found that our issue is an official bug. BUG-000138921. It appears we believe its Enterprise Portal 10.8.1 issue. It appears any version of Pro is unable to properly publish a subtype feature service to 10.8.1. We are trying to figure out how to best approach this on our end as we cant revert back the Enterprise system.