Style list order -- alphabetical order

09-30-2021 08:27 AM
ScottJones1
Occasional Contributor

I have a feature class (Point Layer) that is associated to a route name. I have a feature class (Line Layer) that is associated to a route name. The Point Feature Class is in alphabetical order, the Line Layer seems to sort by feature count. I need both to be in alphabetical order as they share the same color for reference. I will have probably 30+ routes and would prefer not to have to sort everytime? I go to the table view, sort alphabetically but it does not hold. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the context for the eventual end use? Many AGOL tools have the ability to save a sort order, such as Dashboards, Experience Builder, and the like. If you're just using a web map, I believe that defaults to OBJECTID order.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ScottJones1
Occasional Contributor

trying to build a Story Map to identify avalanche zones, so there will be 4 zones, multiple routes (7-10) per zone. Within each route are shots (up to 18 in some cases). Each shot has a avalanche run out, average 300'. 

So for each route I have the shots and runout the same color, the symbology is defined yy the route name, Demoisey, Sunshine, Bear Hallow... In AGOL the shots remained in order but the runouts default to the number of features. This really upsets the flow as alphabetical allows for easy reference. It also mixes the color scheme so the shot and runout dont match

0 Kudos
ScottJones1
Occasional Contributor

Avalanche routes, so patrollers can more easily go from legend to the route location on the map

0 Kudos