Some Layers not Publishing with Others When Publishing Feature Layer from ArcGIS Pro to AGOL

03-31-2021 01:06 PM
KaitlynAbrahamson
Occasional Contributor

I have had a running feature layer that I update a few times a year without any issue.  I republished the feature layer last week and several of my polygon layers are not publishing in the new feature layer.  Other polygon layers are still publishing; it's only a select few not publishing.

I have tried everything I can think of to get these layers back online.  I tried publishing a new feature layer, appending the data on the old one, adding both shapefiles and geodatabase files of the unpublished layers before republishing again, publishing to a new folder, and publishing tile layers of the unpublished layers separately.  Any advice?  I have no idea what's happening.  

Thanks,

Kaitlyn

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you click on the "Data Source" tab of the contents pane and see where your data is all coming from?

jcarlson_0-1617222045705.png

Also you might check the Content tab of the sharing panel. Does the sharing tool give you any warning about layers not being included when you click Analyze?

jcarlson_1-1617222610421.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
KaitlynAbrahamson
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip, but there is still nothing that warrants my layers not showing up.  I don't get any warnings and the content contains the layers that are not showing up.  All the content is from the same geodatabase. Now, my layers that do show up have the wrong symbols.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The symbols could just be that your symbols are being downgraded to make them compatible w/ the ArcGIS JS API.

How many layers in total are publishing? Not that it should matter, I've seen services with loads of layers in them that publish just fine... If the contents and warnings don't give you any indication of the layers dropping, I would personally say you've crossed into Technical Support territory.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
KaitlynAbrahamson
Occasional Contributor

It's strange because all my symbols are there and not downgraded. However, they are all just re-arranged to the wrong layer.  This is a screenshot I took showing that the layers experienced an error in loading.  I think I'll have to contact support.

KaitlynAbrahamson_0-1617653112862.png

0 Kudos
TravisSizemore
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kaitlyn,

We are also having this issue and have tried the steps mentioned in this thread. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks,

Travis

0 Kudos
MarkGambordella
New Contributor III

Just following up if there was a solution to this issue.  When I try to publish a web layer (28 layers) only about 7  show up with data in the hosted feature layer and the others show "no data found".  Tried all that was mentioned above and several other ways but cannot get the whole feature service to publish.  Any help would be great.  

MarkGambordella_0-1688593572913.png

0 Kudos
KaitlynAbrahamson
Occasional Contributor

This happened a while ago, so I can't remember what I ended up doing to get it to work.  One tip I got from ESRI customer service was to remove associated tables in Pro and Online that don't need to be added.  Mine were weird geodatabase files that, once I removed them, the map worked fine.  Maybe that's your solution?

0 Kudos
MarkGambordella
New Contributor III

No luck yet but I will keep at it.  thanks

0 Kudos