Sketch layer sharing and save by public ?

Jump to solution
04-03-2022 02:42 PM
Da-WeiLiou
New Contributor III

Hi, Can anyone help me with this ?

I created and shared a web map (new map viewer) with Sketch Layers so that public can input on the map.

Now the public can use edit or sketch tool to put comments or drawing on the map.

After that, Can this "updated" (sketched) new map can be saved (or saved as) if this public without the ArcGIS Online license ?

Thanks.

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Currently not. If you wanted something like that you would have a point feature and labeled off of a comment field to show the text that way.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The sketch layers need to be saved to the map so the external users wont be able to persist their changes bc the layer is just saved(written) into the web map itself. A hosted feature layer should be used for this above use case you mentioned.

0 Kudos
Da-WeiLiou
New Contributor III

Hi Russell,

Thank you so much for your help.  The editable feature layer did work OK for Point, Line, or Polygon.

How about the "Comment" (Text) ?  Is there a way for public to put text ?  Thanks a lot.

Da-Wei

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Currently not. If you wanted something like that you would have a point feature and labeled off of a comment field to show the text that way.

0 Kudos
Da-WeiLiou
New Contributor III

Thank you so much!  This is helpful.  Da-Wei

2048tm
by
New Contributor

I got it. Thank you for the helpful post.             cupcake 2048

0 Kudos
owlnutcracker
New Contributor II

Not now. You could use a point feature and labeled comment area to display content like that. 

dumb ways to die

0 Kudos