Select to view content in your preferred language

Show item name instead of service layer name in query widget result?

Jump to solution
02-23-2019 04:00 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I am using the Query Widget in a Launch pad themed web application (in AGOL web appbuilder). 

Is there a way to thell the Widget to show the item name instead of the service layer name in the query window as well as for the result layer? Or the name it has in the Web map? On the upper left is the name in the map, the others all show the name of the service layer. So even if I change the layer name in the item's details it will not change the service layer name which just does not look nice to me, and it is not very helpful if the layer in the map is named differently. It would make more sense to me if the search criteria and result would use the same name as in the map to identify which layer was used. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Maybe it was already too late when I was wondering about this. I just saw that in the Query Widget settings in the Info section you can very well put an customized name to label the query and the output. Don't know why I haven't seen that before...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Maybe it was already too late when I was wondering about this. I just saw that in the Query Widget settings in the Info section you can very well put an customized name to label the query and the output. Don't know why I haven't seen that before...