Sharing a layer with photos in the attributes

01-18-2019 02:07 AM
DambéSANWOGOU
Occasional Contributor

I want to publish a layer in which there is a photo for each attribute from ArcMAP to ArcGIS Online. I want to add a photo for each attribute of the layer. Is that possible?

I want to publish afterwards in ArcGIS Online and to see the photo in the pop-up window of each item

0 Kudos
9 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You will have to Enable Attachments—Help | ArcGIS Desktop first and then you can use this process  Adding attachments to features—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop to add the photos manually or use this tool to do it more automatically: http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/tools/data-management-toolbox/add-attachments.htm 

You can also enable attachments after you publish the data in ArcGIS Online and add the attachments there: Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

DambéSANWOGOU
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Xander Bakker for our response, but i want to display picture in ArcGIS Online like this

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

You can configure the image in the pop-up if the feature has the URL to the image and the image is stored on a web server: Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

In case you have the image as an attachment, you will have to follow this description provided by Jake Skinner‌: posted here Show Attachments in Web Map Popup 

DambéSANWOGOU
Occasional Contributor

I have this error when i want to execute the GP tools in Jake Skinner post

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

This sounds like it wasn't able to find the associated script to this tool. Did you donwload the .py file as well? Did you move the tbx or py file after you donwloaded and uncompressed it?

0 Kudos
DambéSANWOGOU
Occasional Contributor

Ok i have new issues, my feature service has the attachments, but the python tools display error

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

In that case, it might be best to post your problem directly at the discussion of the tool: Show Attachments in Web Map Popup  and see if Jake Skinner  can have a look at it. He normally does a great job with helping other people who use his tools.

DambéSANWOGOU
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, it works for me. it is an error in my feature service url,. GeoNet Testimonial - Jake Skinner‌ resolve it by : Don't forget to specify the layer by append /0 to the end of the URL.

XanderBakker

I'm glad it works for you and that Jake Skinner‌'s comment helped you solving the issue. Please don't forget to mark his comment(s) as helpful at the other discussion.