Share tile package larger than 500 Gb?

11-16-2020 10:09 AM
Labels (2)
MikeSchonlau
Occasional Contributor III

I have been trying to use the Share Package tool in ArcGIS Pro to share a couple of tile packages (.tpkx) that are larger than 500 Gb (750 Gb and 1.4 Tb). I have not had any success. I've tried this from multiple machines on multiple networks with plenty of bandwidth availability. I don't typically get an error - the progress just stops at 2% and just sits there for days and days. I have let one of the process run for nearly ten days, so I've been pretty patient. It just doesn't seem to be doing anything after a while. 

Can anyone tell me if they have successfully shared packages this size or larger? Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Mike!  

I've been looking through our documentation and, with just a brief glance, it doesn't seem like there is an explicit size limitation (at least based on these two articles):

If you attempt to share a smaller subset of the data or half of the data do you still experience the issue?

0 Kudos
MikeSchonlau
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Will

I can successfully share smaller .tpkx's - I do that all of the time. I can't say what specific size threshold starts giving me problems, but I have yet to hear of someone who has successfully shared a tile package this large successfully. I have created a smaller tile package of this same data (imagery tile built using fewer scales) and been able to share it and publish it fine.

Are there other ways to publish large tile packages to AGO?

0 Kudos