Setting up a Service with full edit rights

01-22-2016 09:20 AM
chadhickman
Occasional Contributor III

I am interested in setting up and/or creating a feature services on my ArcGIS Server that will be used in another organizations created ArcGIS Online "map." I want to create these services so specific individuals have full edit rights. I have enabled feature access for my service (see below) but the "Enable ownership-access control on features: is greyed out, is that the option I need to enable  full editing rights? Or am I missing something? Like I need to create the feature services within my SDE database to allow for full editing rights?

capabilties.jpg feature access.jpg

0 Kudos
7 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
FrankVignati
Occasional Contributor II

"Operations Allowed" is where you allow editing, once you have uploaded the service, go to Details => Edit => Properties => Allow Editing is checked for the featuer sevice

Edit.png

chadhickman

I having never seen that dialog before? What version are you using? Doing this in ArcMap, Arc Catalog...

FrankVignati

it is on your arcgis online site, not the desktop software

0 Kudos
chadhickman

Gotcha, thanks! This is all you should have to do to enable edits on the services then?

0 Kudos
FrankVignati

I'd believe so, however i'm not using server, all our feature services are hosted on our arcgis online site. That is all we have to do though for other organizations to edit our shared services

0 Kudos
chadhickman

We were hoping to host them on our arcgis online site as well but many our services also have attachments.

0 Kudos