Select to view content in your preferred language

Secure ArcGIS services and ArcGIS mobile app

12-08-2011 05:54 AM
MatthewKing
Frequent Contributor
I read in the ArcGIS online blog

(http://blogs.esri.com/Support/blogs/arcgisonline/archive/2011/12/01/whats-new-in-arcgis-online-decem...)

about the new ability to connect to secure ArcGIS services.  I'm just wondering how that works in relation to the mobile apps (iOS, Android, WP7).

Will a user of the app have to enter a username/password to view the map(s).  Do the apps even have that functionality, if no, will they and when? 

Also, is ArcGIS server 9.31 supported?

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Your ArcGIS Server must be running version 10 sp1 or greater. I believe that the iOS app supports collecting a username and password to connect to the service. I'm not sure about the other platforms. You might try cross posting to the appropriate forums.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
MatthewKing
Frequent Contributor
Your ArcGIS Server must be running version 10 sp1 or greater. I believe that the iOS app supports collecting a username and password to connect to the service. I'm not sure about the other platforms. You might try cross posting to the appropriate forums.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks, I'll do that.  With such integration between ArcGIS online and the mobile apps it's difficult to figure out which forum to post in.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yup...totally understand. You guys build real solutions that cross our platforms...

Mike
0 Kudos