Select to view content in your preferred language

Save and Open

Jump to solution
10-26-2023 08:10 AM
Labels (2)
GarthHoxsie-Quinn
New Contributor III

Hey all,

I know that there were some updates last night, many of which still figuring out, but what happened to the save button? It is now a Save As, New or Open...what happened to just Save? How do I know that my map is actually being saved?

GarthHoxsieQuinn_0-1698332839023.png

I know that there are save options for individual layers but not sure if that is just for individual layers or not.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @GarthHoxsie-Quinn , the way @JeffreySwain describes it, is how it works for me too. And it works that way in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 as well (I only mention that as my Enterprise did NOT update last night).

It seems reasonably intuitive for it to work that way as the Save As forces you to choose a Title & Folder etc first. A Save without those details would be rather undefined.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi GarthHoxsi-Quinn,

The option returns for me after I save it. 

JeffreySwain_0-1698333505095.png

After you save it, do you see it then?  There is no Save option for me when I haven't already saved it. Save As is the first step. 

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @GarthHoxsie-Quinn , the way @JeffreySwain describes it, is how it works for me too. And it works that way in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 as well (I only mention that as my Enterprise did NOT update last night).

It seems reasonably intuitive for it to work that way as the Save As forces you to choose a Title & Folder etc first. A Save without those details would be rather undefined.

GarthHoxsie-Quinn
New Contributor III

Thanks, I was able to resolve it.

0 Kudos