Related records in Sidebar pop-up

Jump to solution
11-29-2022 03:19 PM
RenataMelém
New Contributor

I have a feature layer with related records in AGOL. I can see the related tables in the map viewer pop-up. I'm using Sidebar to share spatial information with my client. However, in Sidebar, in the pop-up of this feature layer, I cannot see the related records. The Instants Apps don't support this functionality?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey,

There is a current limitation with showing relates in certain apps where the popup is located within a panel at this time. If the results are returned in the standard popup like in Map Viewer like having an app that is using a popup in the map view it will return the expected results. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey,

There is a current limitation with showing relates in certain apps where the popup is located within a panel at this time. If the results are returned in the standard popup like in Map Viewer like having an app that is using a popup in the map view it will return the expected results. 

0 Kudos
RenataMelém
New Contributor

Thanks for your answer, Russell!! 😊

Is there any forecast or any plan for this functionality to be available in panels, either Pop-up or Edit?
I also noticed that it is not possible to make related table entries from the sidebar - I imagine this is because Edit is in panel format as well. Am I right?

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Editor support for related records is planned for the first release of 2023. The Support for navigating related records in panels also planned for the same release but sometimes things get bumped so these planned releases are subject to change. 

PhilippNagel1
New Contributor III

@RussRobertsIt looks like after the February 2023 release, it's still not possible to edit related records. Is there an update on when this will be available?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We weren't able to get this in for the release and had to push it to the release that usually happens before UC.

HeatherWidlund
Occasional Contributor II

@RussRoberts It's almost 12/23 and I'm not seeing support for viewing related records in panels in Sidebar. Is this being implemented soon?

ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@RussRoberts @HeatherWidlund We are not seeing support for this either.  Happening soon?

0 Kudos
Tiff
by
Occasional Contributor III

@RussRoberts also checking in on this as Sidebar is our most used Instant App, so being able to see related records is important. Thank you and appreciate any updates.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

This capability will be included in the upcoming release of ArcGIS Online for Sidebar.