Select to view content in your preferred language

"There was an error publishing this service" Feature Layer Error

04-23-2024 12:56 PM
MeganLapinsky
New Contributor II

I have been working with a point feature layer in ArcGIS Online for the past couple of weeks now. All of a sudden, when I went to add another point to the attribute table, I can no longer access the Data tab table. It gives me an error saying "There was an error publishing this service". It has been perfectly functional up until now. I have been able to edit/add columns, as well as update and add new points. Now I can't even access the data. Is there a way to fix this or will I have to redo the layer? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Has the layer been republished / overwritten lately? That seems like an odd error message to suddenly appear.

Any chance the layer is public?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MeganLapinsky
New Contributor II

What do you mean by republished? and yes it is shared as public.

Thank you so much for the response!!!

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It's very common for people to "update" a layer by overwriting it, going through the entire sharing / publishing process over again. That's what I mean by "republish". Did that happen?

What's the layer URL?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MeganLapinsky
New Contributor II

I do not believe I have overwritten it. When I add more points, I use the update button on the feature layer's overview tab and go through the add feature option. I did not change the share status when I've updated either (stayed public).

https://services8.arcgis.com/L8b6VQ1g6PaRvMUO/arcgis/rest/services/ReceiverDeployments/FeatureServer

0 Kudos