Select to view content in your preferred language

Questions about Geo JSON Hosted Features

04-20-2022 09:09 AM
JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II

I'm publishing a mapping service that's derived from a Geo JSON feed to show information about electric vehicle charging locations.  I created a URL based on the documentation here.  I published a service in ArcGIS Online, and it works great.

I wanted to update the service with a new URL with modified parameters; instead of filtering for just EV sites I wanted to include all alternative fuel stations.  I couldn't find anywhere to change the URL.  When I click the button to update the data it looks like it refreshes data from the current URL.

So that makes me wonder, does the hosted feature service store a copy of the data when it's created and requires periodically updating, or is it showing live data from the Geo JSON feed?

Also, is there a way to modify the existing feature service using a new URL, or do I have to create a new service?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You could add a GeoJSON url to New Map Viewer and can update the custom parameters from within the map viewer.

RussellRoberts1_0-1650477949361.png

JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you.  Do you know if that means that the Geo JSON hosted feature service is not displaying live data from the feed, and that it's storing the features in the hosted feature service?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Correct you are just looking at the hosted feature layer. If you wanted to use just the GeoJSON then you would do the Map Viewer - GeoJSON by reference. 

0 Kudos