Select to view content in your preferred language

Question regarding simultaneous use of the same user type member

Jump to solution
04-13-2023 03:21 AM
BenLeslie2
New Contributor

I am just wondering if there is a limit to the number of computers/people that can be logged in to an ArcGIS Online session (e.g accessing a dashboard) with the same log-in credentials.

E.g With a "Viewer" role, I have provided my client with a set of credentials to log-in. Is there a limit on the number of my client's colleagues that can concurrently view the dashboard and be logged in at the same time?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It depends on where they are logging in. If you're just trying to view AGOL content, as far as I know, there's not really a limit to the number of logins that can be active. Logging into a web context just generates a token, and I don't see in the documentation anything about a per-user token limit.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It depends on where they are logging in. If you're just trying to view AGOL content, as far as I know, there's not really a limit to the number of logins that can be active. Logging into a web context just generates a token, and I don't see in the documentation anything about a per-user token limit.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I should add: sharing a named user login is not a good practice in terms of security, and almost certainly violates the Master Agreement with Esri: https://www.esri.com/content/dam/esrisites/en-us/media/legal/ma-full/ma-full.pdf

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS