Publishing Issues: ArcMap --> ArcGIS Pro --> ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
08-24-2017 06:47 AM
TylerSearls2
New Contributor III

I'm receiving two errors (below) that need resolution before I will be able to share a map I've created to ArcGIS Online (from ArcGIS Pro's interface). The map document was originally created in ArcMap 10.5(?) and then imported into Pro. I'm using the Canada Lambert Conformal Conic projection with the input layer.

I can't for the life of me seem to get past either. I've added a few different base maps but that just yields a different error.

Some fresh insight would be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hi Tyler - Hopefully this helps. The first error seems as if you are trying to share a web map but you don't have a base map added to the map. When you publish a web map, your non-base map layers are published as a service and then added to a web map with the base map that you have added in your map. If you don't want to add a base map, you can use the share as a web layer option and create a web map later.

The second error is most likely due to a base map being added after the other layers of the map. The initial layers loaded to the map will define the spatial projection of the map. All Esri base maps are WGS 1984 web mercator. You will need to change the projection of your map to match the base map and then you should be good.

Adam Z

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hi Tyler - Hopefully this helps. The first error seems as if you are trying to share a web map but you don't have a base map added to the map. When you publish a web map, your non-base map layers are published as a service and then added to a web map with the base map that you have added in your map. If you don't want to add a base map, you can use the share as a web layer option and create a web map later.

The second error is most likely due to a base map being added after the other layers of the map. The initial layers loaded to the map will define the spatial projection of the map. All Esri base maps are WGS 1984 web mercator. You will need to change the projection of your map to match the base map and then you should be good.

Adam Z

TylerSearls2
New Contributor III

Thank you. Yes, the data frame and service layer need to be in the same projection. Layers are okay in different projections it seems.

0 Kudos