Select to view content in your preferred language

Published layer configuration not supported in Map Viewer Classic

Jump to solution
yesterday
kriselise322
New Contributor II

Hi everyone! I'm trying to publish a layer I made in the ArcGIS Pro app but whenever I do I get the notification "These layers have configurations that are not supported in Map Viewer Classic." There is no specification on what the configurations are, so I don't know how to change it. It's a pretty simple layer-- I just manually drew polygons and there's some additional info in the attribute table. Does anyone have any ideas? I need to use Map Viewer Classic because I want to embed the map into a website.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kriselise322
New Contributor II

Never mind. I feel silly now. I clicked "use symbol types compatible with all clients" while sharing the webmap from ArcGIS Pro and it worked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kriselise322
New Contributor II

Never mind. I feel silly now. I clicked "use symbol types compatible with all clients" while sharing the webmap from ArcGIS Pro and it worked.

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

As a side note if you want to use a web map with Map Viewer configuration like popup elements,  vector symbols, label classes and more - I would recommend using an Instant App and that will give you the embed snippet similar to Map Viewer Classic.  

RussRoberts_0-1721836843898.png

0 Kudos