Published feature layer missing features

Jump to solution
05-20-2015 06:07 AM
BradJones
New Contributor III

I have a polygon layer that I keep trying publish to my ArcGIS Online account and it keeps leaving features off.  There's a total of 94 features in the layer and only 46 features are published.  I publish them through ArcGIS Pro and I have uploaded the zipped shapefile and get the same result.  I analyze the layer and I get no warnings or errors. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

ArcGIS Online is know to exclude features that have too many vertices. Did you try and run the simplify tool in ArcGIS Dekstop and then try to publish?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Is there any pattern to the features it's missing? Are they always the same features regardless of how you publish them?

0 Kudos
BradJones
New Contributor III

They are the same features every time.  I can't discern a difference.

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Brad,

Do those feature have an excessive amount of vertices?

Tim

0 Kudos
BradJones
New Contributor III

PUBLISHED.jpgORIGINAL.jpgOverall no.  But maybe relative to polygon size?

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

ArcGIS Online is know to exclude features that have too many vertices. Did you try and run the simplify tool in ArcGIS Dekstop and then try to publish?

BradJones
New Contributor III

I will try to simplify the vertices. 

0 Kudos
BradJones
New Contributor III

Also, the original data displays fine from feature layer created from the file geodatabse.  This is about 94 out of 1800 features.

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Looking at the screenshot, I am pretty sure it has to do with the complexity of your features.

BradJones
New Contributor III

Simplifying the feature worked.  I didn't initially think this was the problem because the original data set published OK.  Thanks.

0 Kudos