Select to view content in your preferred language

Publish fgdb with attachments as feature layer (hosted) empty

09-13-2023 03:35 PM
Labels (2)
SharolynAnderson1
New Contributor II

I have copied features from one university portal to ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1 and the attachments and points are all accessible from Pro. All seems good but now I need to share (publish) the fgdb (or point layer) with the attachments (no edits since copied) to a different portal and I can NOT get the feature layer to have attachments and often the 450 points don't show up.

I have tried to download and publish fgdb layers as a web map.

I create new item and drag and drop the fgdb as a zip file.   (no points or attribute table or attachments)

Simply put I need to move/copy/share a feature layer with photo attachments from one portal to another.  I am not sure what else to try. 

6 Replies
AvaPatterson
New Contributor III

I am having this same issue. i.e:

Has anyone had an issue before where:
1. Publish a HFL from a geodatabase with attachments
2. Attachments are enabled BUT say 0 attachments on all features of the published HFL
3. When you bring the hfl into Pro, you see the attachments in the attribute pane
4. When you download the HFL as a fgdb, the attachments are there
5. When I try to publish the downloaded fgdb by adding an item in AGOL, the attachments aren't there.

0 Kudos
SharolynAnderson1
New Contributor II

Hello Ava,

Not sure what a HFL is but in my case using feature services and fgdb.  

We were unable to get the attachments to load for one of the datasets yet the other went smoothly download and back up.

The one suggestion that I have (given to me by ESRI) is to check the links/relationship between the attachments and the feature class.  I went through the instructions Correcting the corrupted Relationship Class.  It did need to be corrected since the GlobalID and REL_GLOBALID path/links were corrupted.   Didn't solve the whole problem but it was part of it.  

Good luck.  In my case I go one set of data to work and the other is at an impasse.  Not sure, so if you get a solution - I'd love to see it. 

0 Kudos
AvaPatterson
New Contributor III

Hi! Sorry, HFL = hosted feature layer. Where did you find instructions to correct a relationship class? Just by looking at the properties, I don't see any glaring errors. 

0 Kudos
SharolynAnderson1
New Contributor II

I have a file attached to this comment.   Hope it helps. 

0 Kudos
AvaPatterson
New Contributor III

Thanks a ton @SharolynAnderson1 ! I was following those instructions but it seems like it cuts off on page 14, unless I am missing something.

0 Kudos
SharolynAnderson1
New Contributor II

Sorry there is a size limit - here is the second half of the the process. 

0 Kudos