Select to view content in your preferred language

Public web app requires login

Jump to solution
06-03-2021 08:46 PM
Labels (2)
salmonjmar
New Contributor II

Hi and thank you in advance for any help you can offer. I just tried to replicate a web app I created 6 months ago with different data and every time I get a login window. I checked to see if any layers or files were not shared publically, checked the security setting to allow anonymous access, and I even tried to create a web app using only an ESRI base map and it still asked for login. This leads me to believe that the layers are not the problem.  This is the link to the web app: https://martin-salmon.maps.arcgis.com/apps/StoryMapBasic/index.html?appid=53adf2dbd72f4e58b5ccff3eab...

The 6-month-old web app is still working. Could it be that the 2021 update to AGOL is creating this problem?

many thanks for your help.

Martin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
EBrayshaw
New Contributor II

Hi I'm also having the same issue has anyone worked out where you turn off this 'show developer base maps options'? Thanks!

0 Kudos
rgmingo
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issues and noticed that it is the basemaps in the "new" Map Viewer that is causing the problem. If I create a web map with just a basemap in the "new" map viewer then it requires a login. If I open the same map in Map Viewer Classic, change the basemap, then I can share it just fine. I can even open the web map created in Classic with "new" map viewer and it will also open fine.

zrobinson_agolpublic
New Contributor II

For anyone else struggling with this issue... I resolved the problem by enabling the ability to allow anonymous access to AGOL/Portal. This setting was overriding the public basemap sharing settings. 

Instructions for AGOL: Configure security settings—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

Instructions for Portal: Disable anonymous access—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

0 Kudos