Public Maps Gallery template version 1.4  --Opening post

11-22-2011 02:57 PM
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III

Please reply to this opening post to submit questions and comments about the Public Maps Gallery (PMG) template version 1.4.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
175 Replies
MarcWeinshenker1
Occasional Contributor
I'm getting an "Invalid token" message with Error 498 when I click the download link. Above the error it shows "ArcGIS Geowarehouse" with a "Home" link.  Clicking the Home link brings up, "Services Directory is disabled" with Error 403.  I've tried this with different browsers and even different Internet connections with no difference.  What's going on?

Edit:  I discovered that the download link at the bottom by Code Attachment works.  The link in Step 1 of how to use the template is the one causing problems.
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
I'm getting an "Invalid token" message with Error 498 when I click the download link. Above the error it shows "ArcGIS Geowarehouse" with a "Home" link.  Clicking the Home link brings up, "Services Directory is disabled" with Error 403.  I've tried this with different browsers and even different Internet connections with no difference.  What's going on?

Edit:  I discovered that the download link at the bottom by Code Attachment works.  The link in Step 1 of how to use the template is the one causing problems.

Sorry about that. The download link at the top is fixed.
0 Kudos
JamesCucinelli
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks I downloaded it and it worked when I switched to my group id.
0 Kudos
VeronicaMoore1
New Contributor
I have replaced the logo but I can't see it. I replace it with a PNG image is there anything else that I have to do to see my new image.
0 Kudos
MarcWeinshenker1
Occasional Contributor
I have replaced the logo but I can't see it. I replace it with a PNG image is there anything else that I have to do to see my new image.

Are you using Internet Explorer?  I'm having the same problem with my logo image not appearing but that's only in IE; other browsers show the logo image properly.  The 1.3.1 version of the template displays my logo without problems, and the 1.4 version displays the default logo fine in IE but not my own logo.  Very strange.
0 Kudos
VeronicaMoore1
New Contributor
I also used the 1.3 version and I didn't have problems with it. I know I figure it was the explorer because there some instances in which when I refresh the page the logo shows but then when you open it again is gone. Hope that somebody out there can find a solution to this annoying little problem.

Are you using Internet Explorer?  I'm having the same problem with my logo image not appearing but that's only in IE; other browsers show the logo image properly.  The 1.3.1 version of the template displays my logo without problems, and the 1.4 version displays the default logo fine in IE but not my own logo.  Very strange.
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
I also used the 1.3 version and I didn't have problems with it. I know I figure it was the explorer because there some instances in which when I refresh the page the logo shows but then when you open it again is gone. Hope that somebody out there can find a solution to this annoying little problem.

What version of IE are you using?

Some versions of IE don't display PNG files with transparency correctly. If possible can you try making it a GIF? or if it doesn't have transparency can you change it to a JPG?
0 Kudos
MarcWeinshenker1
Occasional Contributor
What version of IE are you using?

Some versions of IE don't display PNG files with transparency correctly. If possible can you try making it a GIF? or if it doesn't have transparency can you change it to a JPG?

I'm using IE 8.  But let me emphasize that this problem did not occur with the 1.3.1 version of the map gallery template.  It showed up with the 1.4 version.  Same browser, same logo graphic file, different template.
0 Kudos
MattDriscoll
Esri Contributor
I'm using IE 8.  But let me emphasize that this problem did not occur with the 1.3.1 version of the map gallery template.  It showed up with the 1.4 version.  Same browser, same logo graphic file, different template.

Ok. I'll investigate this and see what I can find. Can you attach the image you're using so I can see what is happening?
0 Kudos