Problem on creating a Scene based on a Building Scene Layer Package

Jump to solution
02-16-2021 04:38 AM
Labels (1)
UmbertoCarenzo95
New Contributor III

Good morning. I'm a building engineering from Italy and for my master's thesis work i'm using Revit and ArcGIS Pro 2.7 to prove what can be done using the interoperability between these two softwares. I created a Building Scene Layer Package in order to publish it in ArcGIS Online with some layers, but when i add the SPLK on ArcGIS Online the error message in the screenshot appears (don't worry if the building seems empty, it was still processing in ArcGIS Online).

In order to geolocate properly on ArcGIS Pro i already chose the spatial reference system WGS 84/ UTM Zone 32N.

Could you please help me or make me understand why i have this problem? Without a basemap it is obvious that my research effort of placing a BIM model in ArcGIS Online loses half of its purposes.

Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you want to use Esri provided basemap you can use a WGS84(GCS) basemap or Web Mercator basemap. If you want to use the PCS you are using you will have to publish your own basemap. The Scene Viewer is a light weight client app so it cannot reproject tiles like ArcGIS Pro can. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you want to use Esri provided basemap you can use a WGS84(GCS) basemap or Web Mercator basemap. If you want to use the PCS you are using you will have to publish your own basemap. The Scene Viewer is a light weight client app so it cannot reproject tiles like ArcGIS Pro can. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

ArcGIS Online is more limited in the use of 3D scenes - it is usually a 3D Visualisation. Are you hoping to see the inside of the building extra? you may need an extension or a different product. 

What are you trying to do in ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos