Select to view content in your preferred language

Previously public map now requires a log in to access

Jump to solution
07-25-2024 03:20 AM
OlwenBelgrove1
New Contributor

I have a webmap which has been shared publicly with no problems online for sometime. During that time, a colleague from another organisation who do not have Esri has been using the map. This is the map: Transforming the Thames baseline map V4 - Overview (arcgis.com)

However, yesterday the colleague using the map emailed me to say that whenever they try to access the map, using the same link they have been using previously, they are getting a pop-up asking them to log into esri. I haven't edited the web map recently, since I primarily work on Pro and just occasionally update my webmap.

I have looked through as many similar problems on the forum as I can find and have eliminated a few solutions. E.g. I tried sharing it using the Facebook/Twitter link rather than copying directly from my search bar. I also don't think it could be an issue of needing to make my organisation available to anonymous users since it was working previously. 

I wonder if it could be the case that one of the layers in my map has been changed from public to not. However, the instructions on how to check this online seem to exclusively pertain to feature layers which are stored under your own content on AGOL. None of my layers are available on my content on AGOL since the whole webmap was shared directly from ArcPro, so in my understanding the data is all shared in a feature layer hosted by me, but this is where my understanding on the workings on AGOL faulters, so I suspect this could be where I'm getting confused. When I view the feature layer I can see all the different layers in it, but I cannot check whether they're public or not. 

I'm the only person using AGOL at my organisation, so really hoping someone on here will be able to help. Any potential solutions would be very welome!  

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

It looks to be your Flood Warning Areas causing the issue.  I can see your webmap's properties via its item page, and when I open each layer they all open their own item page, with the exception of that one.

View solution in original post

OlwenBelgrove1
New Contributor

Thank you for looking into this so quickly, the issue is resolved now, I really appreciate it!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

It looks to be your Flood Warning Areas causing the issue.  I can see your webmap's properties via its item page, and when I open each layer they all open their own item page, with the exception of that one.

OlwenBelgrove1
New Contributor

Thank you for looking into this so quickly, the issue is resolved now, I really appreciate it!