Position of widget controller modified in map in Experience since February update

Jump to solution
02-28-2023 01:55 AM
Geraldine
New Contributor III

We have a series of Experiences, each with several pages and one map per page, all based on the same template. They all have navigation tools on the top left corner, and a widget controller (with the layer widget) just under those tools.

This widget was neatly aligned with the navigation tools but since the end of last week its position has been kind of reset, it's partially hidden by the navigation tools. This has been noticed by several users in the last days. The zoom level of the browser doesn't change anything.

Before I fix the 20-30 maps with this issue, I'd like to know what is going on, has there been some changes to Experience with the February update? With the previous update I had to reset all search settings on all maps, so these broken things that come with every update are getting annoying.

Thanks for any feedback

Geraldine_1-1677578019367.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @Geraldine ,

We are sorry about the problem on you template. But it is an expected change withe widget controller: the size has been change to auto mode after this release, so the displaying area changed a little bit. We have no recommend workaround but would suggest you to adjust the layout manually. 

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sarah_maisel
Esri Contributor

Hi there, thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you're having some UI issues. Which template were you using to create this app? Are you able to share the app with me so I can view the issues?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Geraldine
New Contributor III

Hi Sarah, it's my own template. How can I share the app with you? I can't make it public. Thanks!

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @Geraldine ,

We are sorry about the problem on you template. But it is an expected change withe widget controller: the size has been change to auto mode after this release, so the displaying area changed a little bit. We have no recommend workaround but would suggest you to adjust the layout manually. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Geraldine
New Contributor III

Hi WeiYing, thank you for your reply. Would it be possible to get informed of the things that change with every update? And maybe test a bit more thoroughly before releases. This one was minor and easy to fix (I justed wanted to understand what's going on and make sure it doesn't happen again).

- There is also the data access error in dashboards with Arcade expressions discovered 2 days ago, not sure if I'll be able to recover them.

- Another issue in Experience (discovered yesterday), unformatted popup showing up for search result, although popups are disabled (case 03280032).

- With the November update, the search function modified on existing maps, it had to be reset on all maps.

- Also with the November update, the navigation bug in Experience (BUG-000154743, not solved yet and really annoying). 

It's been a lot recently.

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

hi @Geraldine ,

We are sorry for the inconvenience for the layout change problem, we didn't list in what's new at release but we usually will list all big changes there. We will try to avoid such things to happen in future.
For the other problems you listed, we are sorry if any was ExB'S bug, and we will try to fix bugs you have already reported as soon as possible. Please follow up the bug/case you submitted. 
Sorry again about the inconvenience. 

0 Kudos