Select to view content in your preferred language

Popup edit action not available from mobile

Jump to solution
07-16-2024 09:41 AM
Labels (1)
DonMorrison1
Frequent Contributor

I created an ArcGIS Online web map with a form that allows a user to select a feature, then from the popup click "Edit" and update the feature using the form. The form works great. However, when I try it from a mobile device, the "Edit" option is not available in the popup.  Is this working as designed? I really need the capability to edit from a mobile device - is there some other way to access the form? Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

General rule of thumb is don't use Map Viewer for end users. An App is way better as you can configure and brand it for the audience.

There is a new map editor, basically a better version of map viewer for editing. I'm not sure if it's available to users that aren't signed in.

field maps editing requires a licence higher than a viewer

Can't really recommend sharing editable data publicly. But if field maps and accounts is not available and you're willing to take the risk, see if new map editor works or try creating an Instant App or Experience Builder.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

What app are you using?

Try ArcGIS field maps?

0 Kudos
DonMorrison1
Frequent Contributor

We actually aren't using an app, just the map viewer - I think that was at attempt to simplify things but I'm not totally sure.   I logged on and tried it with field maps and it does work as expected.  But the users don't have logins so I'm not sure Field Maps is an option at least I couldn't figure out how to access it anonymously 

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

General rule of thumb is don't use Map Viewer for end users. An App is way better as you can configure and brand it for the audience.

There is a new map editor, basically a better version of map viewer for editing. I'm not sure if it's available to users that aren't signed in.

field maps editing requires a licence higher than a viewer

Can't really recommend sharing editable data publicly. But if field maps and accounts is not available and you're willing to take the risk, see if new map editor works or try creating an Instant App or Experience Builder.

DonMorrison1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Christopher - good advice.  How does one access the new map editor or determine if it is already available?  I wasn't aware until recently of the ability to connect the popup to a smart form, so maybe that is it?

0 Kudos