Pop up boxes in AGOL

12-07-2015 09:07 AM
SaskiaCohick
New Contributor II

I have a web map that I am using to get input from a somewhat large community, and there are quite a few attribute fields that need filled in.  I have 2 customizations I want to make but am having trouble figuring out....

1. I need to be able to make the pop up a different size.  The field names are automatically being 'smooshed' into two lines, which is making it difficult for some in the community to track which text box goes with which attribute.  I want to be able to increase the size of the pop-up box, and especially the left column showing attribute field names.

2. I need to be able to adjust the location of the pop-up window.  The window often covers up the feature that needs to be edited and the community needs to be able to see the full geometry of the feature in question.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  I would greatly appreciate it!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately the pop-up window size and the location of the pop-up cannot be modified in a standard web map.  Both would require a custom application.  As a work around you may consider publishing your web map using the Minimalist app template which does include the option to have the pop-up display in a side panel.

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=cd6db3b1581342cba86cfa784e9d8a75

0 Kudos
SaskiaCohick
New Contributor II

I'm willing to give it a try, thanks for the idea!!

0 Kudos
SaskiaCohick
New Contributor II

Are you able to edit features in this template?  I may just be missing something, but I haven't been able to make it editable

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately this app does not include an editing option.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Another option is the Basic Viewer template. At the last release we added the ability to configure the app to show popup content in the floating panel. This isn't quite as large as the side panel area in the Minimalist template but it is larger than the standard popup size.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b17113eb9535427db477777f86f25d63