Polygon label clashing with points and point labels

Jump to solution
08-12-2021 12:47 PM
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

My polygon labels are drawing over my point and point labels. I would like the points and their labels to draw on top of the polygon labels. I would like the polygons to act like a "basemap." Something like the basemap option in arcgis desktop. 

forestknutsen1_1-1628796446518.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have the ability to publish the polygons as a Map Image layer (or a Hosted Map Image layer), you can move it into the basemap. This will cause the layer to render underneath your operational layers.

Apart from that, there's no way to get the map viewer to treat a label class as having a lower z-index than a feature layer. At least, not that I'm aware of, but perhaps someone here has a workaround for this.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have the ability to publish the polygons as a Map Image layer (or a Hosted Map Image layer), you can move it into the basemap. This will cause the layer to render underneath your operational layers.

Apart from that, there's no way to get the map viewer to treat a label class as having a lower z-index than a feature layer. At least, not that I'm aware of, but perhaps someone here has a workaround for this.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

hmmm.... that feels a little annoying. but I could make up a MD or the like and then publish that as Hosted Map Image layer

0 Kudos