Password protect ArcGIS Online public app?

Jump to solution
07-02-2021 09:14 AM
Labels (1)
jlenay
by
New Contributor

Hi,

Fairly new to ArcGIS Online publishing. We have a client that would like to share historical and current water usage in their HOA areas with their residents but not the entire world. I've create a web map with this information for each HOA parcel and created a public app. Is there a way to password protect a public facing app?

Thanks, Jeff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Short of giving the HOA members user accounts added to a specific group, I don't believe this sort of thing is possible using a built-in web app.

You could use the developer versions of Web App Builder or Experience Builder to make something you host on your own web domain, where you would have more control over access, authentication, etc. But even then, the data layers themselves cannot be viewed by certain non-AGOL users without making it public to all non-AGOL users.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Short of giving the HOA members user accounts added to a specific group, I don't believe this sort of thing is possible using a built-in web app.

You could use the developer versions of Web App Builder or Experience Builder to make something you host on your own web domain, where you would have more control over access, authentication, etc. But even then, the data layers themselves cannot be viewed by certain non-AGOL users without making it public to all non-AGOL users.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
jlenay
by
New Contributor

That's what I thought. Just needed to verify to appease project management.

Thanks for your reply.