Select to view content in your preferred language

Overwrite Hosted Table in ArcGIS Online

05-13-2019 08:25 AM
MatthewStull1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, I have a hosted table in ArcGIS Online (AGOL) that contains police arrest log data from the last 7 days.  This hosted table was published to AGOL from an Enterprise Geodatabase table on my local network using ArcGIS Pro.  What I need to do is overwrite this table every night so that the last seven days of arrest logs are showing.  I only need to update the table, there is spatial data involved.  Also, I need this hosted table to be able to be downloaded because it will be shared with the public on our City's ArcGIS Hub Open Data site.  

If overwriting it won't work, I was thinking of trying to delete it on AGOL and then republishing each night.  I need this to be automated process using a python script or maybe using Safe Software FME (which my City has a license of).  I have tried publishing this table, with an empty feature class, to our ArcGIS Server and registering the service in AGOL but that didn't work as it wouldn't allow for downloading in AGOL (the ArcGIS Server service was publicly available).  FYI, you can't publish a standalone table as a feature service with ArcGIS Server, that's the reason I included the empty feature class (spatial layer).

Any ideas?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MatthewStull1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Dan,

You can setup your Web Connection to AGOL within the Writer settings.  I'm not an expert in FME, but that seems to be the best way to do it.

I'd be willing to bet that you're having a permissions issue.  So many problems with AGOL and ArcGIS Server have to do with permissions.

Matt

0 Kudos
GISAdminStPaul
New Contributor II

Another thread revival. Can you use the Desktop version to actually write to AGOL? Or do you need to server version? We have a need to automate update of CSV files to our open info platform (hub). I have all our feature services updating automatically, but when I try to use the same code I use for that to overwrite hosted tables, it changes the hosted table to a hosted feature layer.

Wondering if FME desktop could help automate these simple hosted table overwrites.

0 Kudos