Select to view content in your preferred language

Only half of map/layer loads in Dashboard map...?

09-07-2023 06:07 AM
ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

I have several different dashboards with different hosted feature layers.  Often, when the dashboard is opened, only half of the map/layer loads.  Anybody have any idea why this is?

Here is an example:

ArmstKP_0-1694092015063.png

ArmstKP_0-1694110246359.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello, couple questions

What type of layer is it?

Can you share the map and layer? 

Thanks!

Russ

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

@RussRoberts This layer is just a hosted feature layer in AGOL.  I have shared the layer and webmap with you.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share it to a group with russell_jsapi 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

@RussRoberts invited.

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

@RussRoberts I thought I should add, that these issues seems to be always when these layers are within a dashboard map...

0 Kudos
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Just to add I have seen similar behaviour before in a few cases. In these, it tends to be specific to a certain projection system and geometrically complex data.

I find redoing the Spatial Index or optimising the Layer drawing tends to resolve these and so that might assist in this issue. 

Hope that helps!

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

@David_McRitchie @RussRoberts David, thank you so much!! I have gone and done what you had mentioned and it seemed to fix the issue. 

ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

@David_McRitchie @RussRoberts After rebuilding indexes and optimizing the layer drawing and solving the issue by reloading the dashboard, the issue is already back.  The features on the upper half of the map don't draw when dashboard is opened up, again:

ArmstKP_0-1694110063288.png

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I would open a support ticket for this case. I wasn't able to see the missing feature tiles in dashboard before the index rebuild. What browser, version and device OS is reproing this? 

0 Kudos