Notification of Deleted Points in ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
12-12-2018 08:19 AM
KacyBeck2
New Contributor II

I've been researching but have not had much luck in finding a solution for my issue.

Is there a way to have a notification sent whenever a feature/point is deleted from a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online?

We have an online map that our workers and also contractors use for Tree Removal/Inspections on Collector.

The issue is that some of the contractors will go in and delete points (when they shouldn't be). I don't want to turn off being able to delete points completely for the layer because our workers need that capability.

So what I would like is to be able to be notified is something is deleted?

Or if anyone has a suggestion for another solution for my issue at hand?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Would creating a view layer with alternate editing privileges work? For example, if contractors are not allowed to delete features, then you create a view layer that points to the original layer's data source that removes that privilege. For others who are allowed to delete features, they would continue to access the existing layer. Here's the granularity of editing privileges you can set. 

Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

This approach may be better than a notification because it would prevent deletion in the first place.

Hope this helps,

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Take a look at GeoEvent Server: Notifications in GeoEvent 

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Would creating a view layer with alternate editing privileges work? For example, if contractors are not allowed to delete features, then you create a view layer that points to the original layer's data source that removes that privilege. For others who are allowed to delete features, they would continue to access the existing layer. Here's the granularity of editing privileges you can set. 

Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

This approach may be better than a notification because it would prevent deletion in the first place.

Hope this helps,

Mike

KacyBeck2
New Contributor II

Perfect!! Exactly what I was needing. Thank you!

0 Kudos