multiple owners of hosted layer in agol?

Jump to solution
02-25-2020 03:01 AM
JonDouglas
New Contributor III

Is it possible to have multiple owners of hosted layer in agol?

As an owner of a hosted feature layer,  I need to share with certain people on my team so they might manage metadata, perform schema changes, among other things, while Im developing new products.

Is this option available? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Jon Douglas,

Yeah, I have got an Administrator Role, so I guess that's a prerequisite then...

On the item page, on the Overview tab, next to the owner there's a Change Owner option.

BR,

Egge-Jan

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Jon Douglas,

I think any item in ArcGIS Online can only have one owner at the time. But you can always change ownership if needed.

So, if one of your team members needs to work on an item, e.g. a hosted feature layer, owned by you, they can take ownership, complete their tasks and - optionally - reassign ownership to you.

I have been working in a team (with multiple administrators) where we followed this workflow of changing ownership all the time.

HTH,

Egge-Jan

JonDouglas
New Contributor III

ok, thanks for sharing. Whats the process for changing ownership on an item, cause I dont see options to.

Ive got publisher rights. Is each user that wants to reassign ownership required to have administrative rights?

0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Jon Douglas,

Yeah, I have got an Administrator Role, so I guess that's a prerequisite then...

On the item page, on the Overview tab, next to the owner there's a Change Owner option.

BR,

Egge-Jan

JonDouglas
New Contributor III

Roger that. Thanks Egge-Jan.

I would've assumed that, as a publisher, if i had the right to make something, Id inherently have the right to give it to someone else. Doesn't seem to be the case with esri. Ill submit it as an idea.

0 Kudos
JonDouglas
New Contributor III

I believe I found something on the idea board that expresses better the root of what i was getting at.

https://community.esri.com/ideas/17638-improve-groups-where-members-can-update-all-items-and-documen... 

If you find value in it, please vote yes.

0 Kudos