Move Error This item is already available in the folder and cannot be moved.

Jump to solution
01-30-2015 02:58 PM
Occasional Contributor III

I prepared a bunch of Feature Layers and a Web Map in the My Content/Home folder, and then selected them all and clicked Move -> FolderA.  The Web Map and one of the Feature Layers moved successfully.  But four of the Feature Layers will not move.  I get the error above (screen shot attached).

I don't know what it means, or why the other Feature Layer moved successfully.  I have confirmed that the Feature Layers are not shared, and do not already exist in the destination folder.  They also are exactly the same (except for the data itself) as the Feature Layer which moved successfully.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

ItemAlreadyAvailCantMove.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hello,

There is a known issue with storing items with the source url in the same folder. Please see the following defect for more information.

BUG-000091348: Moving two items referring to the same service URL 

While a solution is being worked on, I recommend using the default folder for storing multiple copies of a layer, or adding the item directly to the folder, removing the need to move the item.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
KellyGerrow

Hi Marianne,

What browser are you using? Have you recently cleared your browser cache. I would recommend trying this in chrome, Firefox and internet explorer after the browser cache has been cleared. If the problem persists, please contact technical support regarding this issue as they can help look into the specifics.

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor III

I can repeat this behavior in Chrome, IE, and Firefox.  And I have cleared the caches.  I will call Tech Support.

0 Kudos
JoshGray
New Contributor

Were you able to find a resolution to this. Running into the same issue

0 Kudos
AlexBlenkush1
New Contributor

Also running into this issue. I created the feature layer items from the same source data (feature service), but why should it matter if they are stored in the same folder? I tried clearing my cache and still ran into the issue.

0 Kudos
LSaunders
New Contributor III

Was anyone able to figure this out?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hello,

There is a known issue with storing items with the source url in the same folder. Please see the following defect for more information.

BUG-000091348: Moving two items referring to the same service URL 

While a solution is being worked on, I recommend using the default folder for storing multiple copies of a layer, or adding the item directly to the folder, removing the need to move the item.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
ErikEngstrom
Occasional Contributor II

If you run into this error and you need to move the item, you could use the ArcGIS Online assistant and copy the item from the source folder to the destination folder and delete the item from the source.

0 Kudos
DanHoffman1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am actually experiencing this issue as well.  I have 4 related items (web map, web app, layer, service definition).  The web map is in the root folder and I'm trying to move it into the sub-folder where the other 3 items are and I get this message:

I've looked at the service URLs for all 4 items, as well as the IDs and none of them match, so not sure what the duplicate 'thing' is that's preventing me from moving my 4th item. 

I will try Erik's suggestion of using AGOL Assist, but want to see if there's a resolution for this issue too.

Thanks,
Dan

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Dan,

Sorry about the late reply. The bug I mentioned above has been resolved. Are you still able to reproduce this issue? If you are, can you get in contact with Tech support as something doesn't seem quite right with what you are experiencing. It would be great to look into it further to try to diagnose what is happening.

-Kelly

0 Kudos