Measure Tool and Decimal Minutes Option for Basic Map Viewer

10-07-2019 10:50 AM
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Is there any plans to update the measure tool to also allow decimal minutes as a location format? Currently it has decimal degrees and degrees, minutes, seconds. Decimal minutes is a very popular format we use in regulations and it would be great to have this option in the basic map viewer. I see it is available in the coordinate conversion widget but in using the basic map viewer application template I don't see a way to show decimal minute coordinates. Is there a work around or current option I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

The Basic Viewer uses version 3.29 of the ArcGIS API for JavaScript and the measurement widget at that version doesn't support decimal minutes coordinates. The list of supported units are here: 

Measurement | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.29 

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Kelly Hutchins‌ for the reply!

I will review the link you sent on the API. Also on the measure tool for location it would be so great if you could enter in a lat./long. and have the map zoom to that location but it doesn't look like this is currently an option either. I really like the simplicity of the basic map viewer template but those features have both come up as comments in folks reviewing the map.

0 Kudos