Map Viewer Search Suggestions Order and Amount

06-01-2022 07:39 AM
bdewitt_olsson
New Contributor III

Does anyone know of a way to change the order in which suggestions appear in the Map Viewer (new) search function, or at least change the amount of suggestions that appear? The order of the suggestions, at least for this particular layer, seems arbitrary (maybe based on OBJECTID?) and the amount that display at a time seems hardwired to 6. As you can see in the screenshot, there are features in the layer that come alphabetically before the features being shown in the suggestions.

Has anyone else run into this issue? If so have you discovered a workaround? There could also be something obvious I'm missing or this is just a shortcoming of the software. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

bdewitt_olsson_0-1654093928465.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

That does not look like the ArcGIS Online Web Map Viewer. It looks like a screenshot of a web mapping application, i.e. the web map has been shared as an Instant App. Web mapping application templates or builders will allow configuration of widgets, themes and layouts on top of the web map you designed in the map viewer. 

You should be able to configure the widget in the application. For example, here is information on how to configure the search widget for ArcGIS Web AppBuilder:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/create-apps/widget-search.htm

If you would like more help, can you confirm what app is used? If unsure, can you provide a link to the map (or the URL with the itemID scrubbed if you are not able to share)?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
bdewitt_olsson
New Contributor III

Thanks for bringing this up. I forgot to mention this screenshot was taken in a Dashboard, so the functionality comes directly from the web map, and the exact same behavior manifests in Map Viewer.

0 Kudos