Select to view content in your preferred language

Map rejects hosted feature layer after overwrite

Jump to solution
12-21-2022 01:13 PM
Labels (2)
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

I have a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online that I need to periodically overwrite. It appears in four maps. When I overwrite it, all layers sourced to this feature layer become disconnected with an error message 'An error occurred loading this layer.' There is nothing wrong with the layer. No fields change. The source GIS layer is the same each time (new features are swapped out for old - and that's when I need to overwrite the layer.). I reload it and reconfigure it when this happens. This is time-consuming. 

Does anyone know what causes this? I overwrite hosted feature layers regularly and this is not a normal occurrence.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is very disruptive to an important workflow.

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

34 Replies
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

This is what I see for the layer id in the ArcGIS Pro document: 

RandyMcGregor3_0-1672771456557.png

This is what I see in the actual feature layer:

RandyMcGregor3_2-1672771727200.png

Looks like I need to change the Layer ID in ArcGIS Pro from 2 to 0. Also, 'Allow assignment of unique ids' was NOT checked. I have checked that.

0 Kudos
EmersonCardenasSachica
New Contributor II

i already have now two problems...

One HFL fail after overwrite web layer from arcgis pro to AOL ...

and in other the HFL overwrite well from arcgis pro to AOL but the paralel view of the HFL failed!

so really dont know what are i'm doing worng

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

You can use ArcGIS Online Assistant to update the URLs of the services used in the map(s).

Haven't tested this to see if it keeps all the popups, labels, etc. but you can change the layer id's as well in the URL here.

RhettZufelt_0-1686665990890.png

R_

EmersonCardenasSachica
New Contributor II

Thanks RhettZufelt ... this solved my problem with the MAP and save me to remake symbology colors!!!... i'm so happy!!

as this is step by step...

the next problem is in the dashboard... now I can see the map and his colors, but the data in the "body"  and "sidebar" of the dashboard still broken (yellow triangle) this data doesn't came from the layer map data.. this came from the "Stand-alone layers  data"  ... any suggestion for repair?

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Have not done much with dashboards yet.  But, on occasion, with the few I have made,  I have seen the yellow triangle and just had to re-connect the data source in the dashboard widget.

R_