Making fields in View Layer Visible but non editable

05-04-2022 06:51 AM
GISTeam4
Occasional Contributor

On ArcGIS Online I'm using serveral maps which use View Layers. The View Layers point to a single Feature Layers which contains all the data.

With the new options (Settings > Update View) I can choose the Layers then Apply Filters, Area of Interest and I can adjust the Field Visibility. What I'm missing is the option to adjust the editability for the fields. In the old settings there used to be two columns which enabled Visible and Edit. At the moment I can only find these options when I'm in the Map Viewer, but this leaves the fields editable for anyone directly viewing the View Layer.

Is there anyway to set these options on the View Layers themselves?

4 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you don't want any of the fields to be edited, turn off the "Enable editing" option in the Settings tab.

If you want only some of the fields to be uneditable, in the Data tab, click the Fields option. Click on a field and change its Editable setting to No.

edit.png

0 Kudos
GISTeam4
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this option doesn't seem to be available for View Layers.

GISTeam4_0-1652075139117.png

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My testing (and screen shot) was on a View Layer.

GISTeam4
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. After closer inspection it seems some fields have the option while others don't. 

0 Kudos