Link Inside a Popup to Open Another Popup?

05-08-2017 01:58 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a web app on ArcGIS Online and I am creating a custom popup for the features. Is there a way to put a link in a popup that once clicked will open up another popup from another feature service? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Nikholai O'Hara‌,

Can you provide some more details about the workflow you are trying to accomplish? You may be able to pre-construct a link to a specific feature using URL parameters to select and open a pop up for another feature.

Take this campus map from UCR as an example, if you click on a parking lot and the link that says link to location, the map will reload on the specific pop-up. You could do something similar with another feature service:

Use URL parameters to modify maps—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Use URL parameters to modify embedded maps—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

https://community.esri.com/groups/cats?sr=search&searchId=91587ef3-d959-4d7a-9cf7-b0e4bbe5fbc5&searc...

-Kelly

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the Ideas! We are creating a Hunting web map so users can click on Hunting Unit and the popup contains the general information about that hunting, but what if the user wants to see Draw or Harvest statistics? That where we would want to link to another pop-up, but I think I found that using a related table gives me the same effect. See Below.

The only part I wish could change would to have it now show the 'Related Tables:' part? is that possible?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Nikholai O'Hara‌,

Currently it isn't possible to embed a related table within another pop up. There are some apps that will show the related table as a table in the app like crowdsource manager: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=43a4a0dbf9914f93bf0657f7839fa655 

Additionally you can show attributes of a related record in a pop up with your other information: Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly

0 Kudos
Hatsocks
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

I need to do exactly the same thing the OP wanted to do-- add a link in a popup to another popup containing related data.  I've seen working examples of this in web apps online, so I know it can now be done, but I don't know how.  Can you help?

Thanks!

0 Kudos