Select to view content in your preferred language

Legend Symbols Not Displaying

11-27-2012 01:26 PM
ChandraMiller
Emerging Contributor
I created a Web Application from my ArcGIS Online Map.  The web application is at http://bit.ly/TjNnuf .  I am having a problem with the Legend.  In Firefox and Chrome the Legend works great.  But when the page opens in Internet Explorer the legend symbols do not show up until something on the map is clicked on.  Why is this happening?  What is the lag caused by?  I have attacted an image that shows what is is supposed to look like and what it looks like in IE. 

Thanks,
Chandra
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I am not seeing this in IE9. What version are you running?

Mike
0 Kudos
ChandraMiller
Emerging Contributor
Sorry I should of addded that part, its IE8 that I am seeing the problem.  I work for Maricopa County, AZ and we have and Enterprise license.  The whole county network (14,000 people) is still on IE8.  We dont have and ETA on when our browser will be upgraded to IE9 so everything we develop has to work well in IE8.
0 Kudos
JasonBalmut
Frequent Contributor
That's common for IE8.  We stopped testing maps in that version because it was fruitless.  I understand that most government computers are stuck on WinXP with IE8 browsers, but that configuration doesn't play nicely with ArcGIS Online.  If it's any consolation your map will work fine in Firefox or Chrome.
0 Kudos