Select to view content in your preferred language

Latitude and Longitude in CSV not loading

12-21-2022 04:33 AM
Labels (2)
EdwardHinman
New Contributor

I exported a CSV file from a survey123 data set to excel and then when I tried to upload it into a arc GIS map it says error Unable to to identify latitude and longitude. The field headings are latitude and longitude and I made sure the CSV file columns were numbers not text. When I am uploading it says the field are double not single or integer or string. I tried changing them to integer but still was rejected..It sounds similar to bug 000150248. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SaraJL
by
Occasional Contributor III

Couple quick follow-up questions:

• Can you post a screenshot of the fields or share a copy of the CSV table? I'm just curious and want to take a look!
  • When does the error message show up in the upload process - can you post a quick screenshot of where the message pops up?
  • Are you also using Mac/Safari? I've seen the data upload fail frequently in Safari, but the same upload will work successfully in Chrome or Firefox.
0 Kudos
EdwardHinman
New Contributor

Thanks for the response. The rejection occurs at the end of the upload process. So I upload it and then it asks about fields and then it asks about locations and it says latitude and longitude are in the fields latitude longitude and I click to confirm. (or it asks if  Y and X are latitude and longitude)Then you get the error message after it tries to upload it to the map. I included the download/export  from Survey 123

0 Kudos
EdwardHinman
New Contributor

More notes. It has rejected the upload on a mac and on a windows  hp computer but  the browser is always Chrome.

0 Kudos