Lake Tahoe Imagery now 2017?

06-14-2017 02:16 PM
GrahameRoss1
New Contributor II

So i'm looking at Sand Harbor, Lake Tahoe Nevada... it shows much more water than was there at the end of 2016. looking at the 'Whats new in imagery' March blog entry, it look like the tahoe base has been updated. getting info on the imagery layer still shows older imagery.  anybody know if the Tahoe Basin imagery has been updated to 2017?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Grahame,

Try this method (bring the image into ArcMap to be able to identify it properly):

FAQ: Is it possible to determine the date of an image from the World Imagery basemap? 

0 Kudos
GrahameRoss1
New Contributor II

I did- I zoomed in to 1:400, set Idntify From <All Layers> and identified the imagery. the high resolution 30Cm... has Microsoft as the source with a source date of 7/4/2011. looking at the blog post I reference above it looks like the imagery has been updated in the tahoe basin area... .Looking at USGS gauge height records for 7/4/11, the water level was within 1/4 foot of what it is today- but I was looking at this area about 6 months ago and I was sure the beach area was larger...!

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Maybe just that particular zoom level is listed for 2011 and a different zoom level (perhaps a closer one) is listed for a more recent date? I think you would have to play around with it some to really find out when and where the most recent imagery are.

0 Kudos