Labels are flashing/blinking in Map Viewer and Instant App

Jump to solution
03-06-2024 06:21 AM
MillionMap
New Contributor III

Ever since the Feb 2024 update, my labels are flashing/blinking in Map Viewer and Instant App.  They weren't doing this before.  I've sent a link to a coworker who doesn't see the flash/blink.  I've tried several things but the labels continue to do this.  Newly published items since the update are doing this as well.    

41 Replies
duvoisie
New Contributor II

Unmasked Renderer:

ANGLE (Google, Vulkan 1.3.0 (SwiftShader Device (Subzero) (0x0000C0DE)), SwiftShader driver)
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

@duvoisie when you open the link @RussRoberts posted, does it look this this? 

Or instead are you noticing that the labels very slowly fade in over many frames? I ask because your machine is using software emulation & might be hitting our VM codepath. If you are able to enable hardware acceleration, does the problem go away? 

0 Kudos
duvoisie
New Contributor II

@mgeorge  I'm not directly the one that has this problem, but I saw it on her screen. 
It looks like in the video (blinking) when graphic acceleration is turned ON. 
When turned OFF, labels aren't blinking (it seems that about gpu report given was produced when acceleration setting was turned off).

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

Ah ok, makes sense @duvoisie 👍

0 Kudos
duvoisie
New Contributor II

@mgeorge  here is the report with acceleration turned ON
Unmasked Renderer: 
ANGLE (Intel, Intel(R) UHD Graphics (0x00009BC4) Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0, D3D11)

MillionMap
New Contributor III

Has there been any movement or suggestions on this topic?  I gave a presentation yesterday and had to explain away the flashing/blinking/disappearing labels.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We are still looking into it. We found that updating the graphics drivers has resolved this issue on one of our test machines that is showing this. Are you able to check if you are on the latest drivers for your graphics card? 

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

@MillionMap yes we were able to reproduce this only after downgrading the intel display drivers to 30.0.101.1191. It seems like there is a bug in the intel graphics drivers that affects a cluster of versions around that. We're currently seeing if there's anything we can do on our end to workaround the issue, but as @RussRoberts, upgrading your intel display drivers to the latest version should fix the issue. 

0 Kudos
MillionMap
New Contributor III

OK thanks,  will update.  I have to go through IT in my organization to do this.

0 Kudos
MillionMap
New Contributor III

My IT representative has updated all graphics drivers.  Labels are still blinking.

0 Kudos