Issue with the Offline Map Area feature, Offline Map packaging failing

10-06-2021 03:43 PM
NDFAdmin
New Contributor III

Hello,

My organization recently upgraded to ArcGIS Portal 10.9, and after some re-configuration of our reverse proxy server, have been able to reliably create offline areas using Field Maps. However, we are still having issues creating offline areas using the Offline Map Area feature in ArcGIS Online. The basemaps package just fine but any layer that is coming from Portal seems to cause the offline package to fail about 60% of the time. Just to be clear, we were originally seeing offline areas fail to package 100% of the time but with some changes to the proxy server (we made sure that host headers were being maintained) we're just seeing failures in ArcGIS Online. We've talked to tech support and made sure that the WebContextURL and other settings were correct but can't seem to improve offline area packaging reliability. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Thanks!
Aaron

0 Kudos
3 Replies
garymacdougallesri
New Contributor II

Hi

Just to confirm, you are using ArcGIS online to host your map areas, but the feature service in the map is from a 10.9 server. Is that correct?  If so, I assume you created a proxy item on your online site for the 10.9 server feature service - correct?

thanks

Gary

0 Kudos
NDFAdmin
New Contributor III

Hi Gary,

Yes, that is all correct. 

Aaron

0 Kudos
MarkShibuta
New Contributor III

I also have the same Issue here. We upgraded to Enterprise v10.9, somehow Apps in the App Launcher were refering to localmachine name in the URL, I fixed that by editing the System Properties in Portal Admin with {"WebContextURL":"https://domain url.com/webadoptor/"} which solved the URL Issue and Apps in the App Launcher were accessible via the webadopter on remote URL. However now I cant create Offline Areas from the Webmap Settings and Field Maps app but interestingly if I used the Android app I can create an Offline area for the individual device.

I believe we could be having a similar issue. Did you get a solution for your issue? If yes, How do I fix this?

0 Kudos