Issue exporting to FGDB for attachment download

Jump to solution
07-26-2017 05:01 AM
RyanGardner-Cook
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a hosted feature layer that I was using in Collector over the course of a three week field project. I have tried exporting this layer to a FGDB in order to download the attachments, but the FGDB appears to be corrupted in some way, because 7zip always spits out an "unexpected end of data" error, and the FGDB is unreadable in ArcCatalog.

Some details:

• This is a point layer, with ~3000 points, each with photo attachments and several fields of descriptive data.
  • The size is now 2045 mb.
  • At the end of weeks 1 and 2, I had no issue exporting to FGDB and using a script to download the attachments. It's only after week 3 (when it surpassed the 2 gb mark) that I have encountered this issue.
  • When I export to FGDB online, everything appears to be in order. However, I have the above-mentioned issue every time I export a new one and then try and download and unzip it. Also, when I try and create a new hosted layer from the FGDB online, it won't add to a map.
  • The hosted feature layer functions properly in online maps. All the attachments load just fine.

Is this a size issue? I recall seeing some mention of size limitations in past versions, but nothing specific to this situation.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Ryan,

There isn't a size limit. You can try to download the data using this workflow:

How To: Retrieve attachments from a hosted feature service 

How To: Create and download a file geodatabase replica from a hosted feature service using Python 

If this doesn't work, try contacting technical support to look into the issue further.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KellyGerrow

Hi Ryan,

There isn't a size limit. You can try to download the data using this workflow:

How To: Retrieve attachments from a hosted feature service 

How To: Create and download a file geodatabase replica from a hosted feature service using Python 

If this doesn't work, try contacting technical support to look into the issue further.

-Kelly

RyanGardner-Cook
New Contributor III

Thank you, Kelly! Creating a replica using the first link worked. It's a shame that I can't do it normally (i.e., exporting to FGDB from the item details), but I'm glad there's some way to do it.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hey Ryan,

I agree, this should just work as you had attempted. The workaround i provided will get you up and running, but I would suggest contacting technical support to find out why this wasn't working as expected.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
DavidLitke
Occasional Contributor

I've had the same issue. Exporting to a FGDB and then downloading the zip file leads to an error in 7zip. This methodology used to work, but my dataset just reached the 2GB size (zip file) and now it no longer works.

0 Kudos