Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there an ideal browser for AGOL?

01-06-2016 10:32 AM
SarahShermack
New Contributor II

I've been using IE in the workplace and I am having a lot of problems with things displaying correctly, especially in pop up menus and when I try to create web applications from maps. Basically I'm wondering if there's something I can adjust or should I go to my administrator. Are there particular settings anyone knows of to have set in internet options? (pop-up blocker is off and security settings are medium/medium-high)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

According to the documentation:

IE 9 and higher

Edge

Firefox

Chrome

Safari

iOS Safari

Android Browser

Chrome for Android

Internet Explorer 9 is supported but has the following limitations. Additional browser limitations are also noted below.

• You cannot view streaming feature layers in the map viewer.
  • Within the My Organization > Edit Settings > Open Data page, the Your Open Data Sites list does not appear.
  • You cannot open metadata XML files or save local copies of your current metadata document in the built-in metadata editor.
  • You cannot add CSV items (in My Content) as web layers in the map. This limitation applies to IE 9 and Safari.
  • You cannot use the scene viewer. This limitation applies to IE 9 and 10.
  • If the map contains feature layers, labels on the following basemaps may appear hidden: Imagery with Labels, Dark Gray Canvas, Light Gray Canvas, World Oceans, and Terrain with Labels. This limitation applies to IE 9 and 10.
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

In my experience, Chrome offers the best JavaScript performance, if that's something that matters. I am more familiar with IE's dev tools, however. Not that Chrome's dev tools are bad, but there are a few quirks that make certain things easier to debug in IE11.

0 Kudos